Thursday, April 21, 2011

Watch me dance - fall over - earn money for charity

I need your money Vote!!

http://www.justgiving.com/caraline-brown

Pledge your number of votes (£10 per vote) by email to mark@nsmg.co.uk

I have recently been persuaded to add to the evening’s entertainment, provide amusement and possibly risk my street credibility forever, by taking part in an Argentine Tango Dance-Off Competition at this year’s STRICTLY SPRING BALL.

The fabulous Black Tie ball at the Hilton Brighton Metropole on Saturday 7th May 2011 will feature live Argentine Tango performances from world renowned dancers Leandro Palou and Romina Godoy - and me!

They have promised I will be dancing tango to a Morrissey track….

Paired with a professional dance partner, myself and the other amateurs, will be given one week’s rehearsal to learn a dance routine which we will perform on the night. The event will be judged by Leandro & Romina, who will be joined by Nicholas Owen, BBC Newsreader and last year’s contestant actress Kirsty Dillon of TV’s Midsummer’s Murders.

The audience will be invited to cast their votes and the winning couple will be decided by the highest number of votes received.

BUT… here’s the twist!

YOU can influence the result by using your unique ‘Advance Vote’ to give your favourite dancer (ME!) an early advantage - and you will also be in with a chance of winning a fabulous stay at a Hilton Hotel in Europe.

What’s to lose?

Ah…apart from a tenner….!

Your Advance Vote can be cast by pledging a £10 Sponsorship.

I am appealing to your generosity to vote for me! Each individual TENNER pledged will count as ONE vote towards my score. And you can spend more if you wish!!! I will be noting the generous friends!

Of course, the real winners will be our local charities. All proceeds raised will be shared between two very worthwhile causes - the Hilton in the Community Foundation and The Argus Appeal who both provide vital support to local children’s projects throughout Sussex.

And, if you would like to attend on the night and share in this unique opportunity to watch me fall flat on my face dance, tickets are still available from the Hilton priced at £55 each (contact details below).

Yours Strictly Nervously (and I don’t even watch the programme),

Aspiring Tango Dancer!

To buy tickets: Ticket price is £55 each or £550 for a table of 10. Numbers are strictly limited so please contact nickywillard@hilton.com or 01273 715043 to secure your place.

Auction/Raffle prizes: Please contact me or Nicky if you would like further information or are able to donate a Raffle Prize or Auction item to raise much needed funds for our charities.

No comments: