Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Very sad Blog - end of an era

I started this blog back in 2006 as a single woman rediscovering my own individual iunterests.  It was menat to be a semi-ironic play on my strained relationship with my mother and the one thing we bonded over - the frog pond. I told the sdtory of how i could not be trusted with the frog spawn at my house and this beacme a metraphor for her regard of my abilities.

Well, mum is now in a home.  Her hosue is about to be rneted.  And I have been told to fill in her pond.

I know.  Not a big thing at all.

Went to do this and what happens? A frog jumps out.  I had a fish around but could not see any more.

Tomorrow a kind friend is going to do this for me.  I cant do it myself.

So there we go.

Frogs represent so much that I love about life.  This blog was meant to be about positive rebirth and the circle of life.  blah blah.,

An the circle closes.

3 comments:

Nikki Bayley said...

Oh love. That is hard. I am so sorry... X

eyejewels said...

Could you not just turn it into a bog garden? A few Iris pseudocorous [bog iris] and a gunnera in lots of soggy compost that will hold about an inch or two of water?

AnnieAppleEater said...

Sometimes we are not meant to fill in ponds on our own x that frog hopped out to stop you - hope your Mum is OK and you x ps wish I had been reading your blogs as they were written as am sure I would have enjoyed !